Monday, November 26, 2007

bonus to being a vegetarian/almost vegan

yesterday, while putzing around in the kitchen i realized a huge benefit to being a vegetarian/almost vegan. i don't have to worry about contamination. no more keeping track of which knife touched the chicken and washing my hands repeatedly.

another benefit occurred to me this morning while watching the news. they were airing a story about a beef recall. my first instinct was to go into alert mode and determine what type of beef it is and if we have any of it. my second thought was, "wait! you don't eat meat. this does not concern you*."

*brian is not a vegetarian so there is meat in the house, and the recall does concern me. however, i am only buying him fish and chicken so we are not affected by the recall.

No comments: