Thursday, November 22, 2007

happy thanksgiving!


the turkey trot rocked! my favorite race this year. prior to the race, i was a bit concerned considering the cold front that blew through the night before. knowing that the front was coming, i stopped at rei on my way home from work and got a really neat north face running jacket/top and warm headband. (got to have the right gear for the sport.) it was flippin' cold the morning of the turkey trot and the idea of just going and getting my t-shirt and then crawling back into bed sounded like the best idea ever...but i had all this new cool gear to wear, so i got dressed and headed out to brave the cold. brian and i found a great parking spot and got our shirts, numbers, & chips and were ready to go. problem was, so was everyone else. we ended up very far back in the chute. it took us almost 7 mins just to cross the start line and the first mile or so was spent dodging people. however, it was a *really* quick five mile run. (my new gear totally rocked!) i ended the race feeling great! total time was 44:33 (8:52/M).
brian and quickly headed back to the truck and raced home to the warmth of our house. a few hours later we headed over to my parents' house and enjoyed and really nice meal with my whole family (prepared in my mom's new kitchen). it was a great thanksgiving!

No comments: