Saturday, October 27, 2007

don't harass me - just let me run

argh! today i was running town lake...er....lady bird lake and enjoying this fantastic fall that austin is experiencing. at one point, i was passing a dad (i am assuming) pushing his daughter while she was on her bike. i noted to myself how cute this moment was as i ran by. at the same time i was passing an older gentleman (being polite here) who was running a bit slower. and as i passed, this guy found it necessary to comment to me that if this little girl didn't start pedaling her bike there was no way she was going to grow up and be as good looking as me. a stranger felt compelled to say this to me! why? if i was at a bar somewhere, maybe i would not be so offended given the much more appropriate location. gentlemen, i beg of you, don't harass me while i run. just let me run my run.

No comments: