Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the holidays: bringing back the joy

the holiday season will officially be upon us tomorrow morning. with the conclusion of halloween, comes the start of the lists, commitments, and all around chaos. this year, i want to implement a shift - i want to focus on the joy of the season and not on making everyone else happy. this year, i will try to sidestep the modern commercial frenzy that consumes me every year. i want to fully engage with the season by focusing on the original meaning for the celebration. this year my gifts will be of sentimental value. above all I am going to give thanks for my family and all the wonderful people in my life.

1 comment:

Brian Kirk said...

i couldn't agree more! is it possible for this year to be better than last christmas/new years?